The best available evidence suggests that appropriate exercise is equal to, if not superior to, surgical intervention for many of the common shoulder presentations. Therefore a key component to the rehabilitation of shoulder problems at SSC is to improve the strength, conditioning and general robustness of the shoulder to not only help patients get over the problem but also to stop it coming back. We have a unique team of physiotherapists and strength & conditioning coaches that predominantly assess and treat upper limb conditions. A graded exercise programme is provided for most patients at SSC to be carried out at the gym or home. We work closely with our Sports Physicians and Orthopedic Surgeons should patients require further investigation or more invasive treatment.
We regularly consult and provide expert opinions on a variety of shoulder conditions including but not limited to:
- Rotator Cuff-Related Pain (Tendinopathy, Tears, “Impingement”)
- Irreparable Rotator Cuff Tears
- The Unstable Shoulder (Traumatic and Atraumatic)
- The Stiff Shoulder (Osteoarthritis and Frozen Shoulder)
- Post-operative Shoulders (Subacromial Decompression, Rotator Cuff Repairs, Stabilisation Procedures, Shoulder Replacements)